Cannabutter is one of many names used to describe marijuana-infused butter. Cannabutter is a staple for creating marijuana-infused foods. The most important trick to making perfect Cannabutter is to use salted butter. Cannabutter is also known as marijuana butter, budda, ganja butter and others.
- – 1 lb butter, salted
- – 4 cups water
- – 1 oz marijuana, grind (add more or less marijuana to get your desired potency)
- – Grind up 1 oz marijuana (use more or less depending on potency desired)
– Bring 4 cups water to boil in medium sauce pan
– Add 1 pound of salted butter to boiling water (put stove on low heat) and cover with lid.
– Add marijuana and stir to remove any clumps
– Leave on stove at low heat for 8-12 hours (add water if water level gets low)
– After ingredients have simmered for 8-12 hours, take glass bowl and cover the top with a fine strainer or cheesecloth and strain the CannaButter into the bowl over the strainer.
– Put lid on bowl. Put in freezer.
– The CannaButter will stay fresh and retain potency for up to a year in the freezer.
– Do not use margarine to make CannaButter