- 1.25 cups ketchup preferably organic
- 1 cup dark brown sugar
- .25 cup pomegranate molasses
- .25 cup water
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
- 5 tsp ground mustard
- 5 tsp kosher salt
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp pepper
- .5 tsp garlic powder
- Blend to combine.
- To spike: Add your desired amount of cannabutter (recipe below)
- 1 stick of butter
- 1/8 to 1/2 ounce of dried cannabis flower
- 3/4 saucepan full of water
- To make the cannabutter, melt the stick in a saucepan three-quarter full of simmering water.
- Once the butter has melted, add crumbled and dried cannabis flower to the butter and water in the pan — start with one-eighth ounce or add up to one-half ounce total for a more potent experience.
- Simmer butter-water-cannabis on lowest setting for three to four hours.
- Strain into a heatproof container and refrigerate overnight until the butter separates.
- Remove the finished cannabutter, discarding the larger leaf bits, etc. that sink to the bottom. Use the butter as a base for Bakman’s sativa brisket sauce.