Makes 4 servings
- 8-12 stalks lemongrass, or 8-12 metal or wooden skewers*
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken breasts cut in 1-inch chunks
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 12-16 whole mini peppers, poked through with a skewer if using lemongrass stalks
- 1 cup plain Greek yogurt
- 1-2 tablespoons canna-oil
- 1 tablespoon bell pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon Aleppo pepper
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Lots of lettuce leaves — romaine, Boston, red or green leaf (or a combination)
Preheat the grill.
1. Place the chicken pieces, lemon slices and peppers on the skewers, alternating to your liking.
2. In a small bowl combine the yogurt, canna-oil, chopped peppers, ginger, garlic and salt. Squeeze the lemon juice into the mixture. Stir well.
3. Grill skewers on the prepared grill until the chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear. Serve with the sauce and the lettuce on the side. Wrap the chicken and peppers in the lettuce leaves to eat.