Skip to content
Mario Bitali’s Double-Chocolate Pot Brownie Recipe
- 1/2 cup butter, cut into 4 equal pieces
- 4 grams high quality marijuana, cleaned and ground (optional)
- 1/2 cup Dutch-process unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 8 ounces milk-chocolate chips
- 1 teaspoon real vanilla extract
- 2 extra-large eggs
- 3/4 cup unbleached all-purpose flour
- Confectioners’ sugar, for dusting
- Preheat the oven to 325° F. Grease an 8-by 8-inch baking pan.
- In a small saucepan over medium-low heat, melt the butter, the marijuana (if using), and cocoa powder, stirring continuously until the butter is just melted. Use a rubber spatula to transfer the cocoa mixture to a large mixing bowl.
- Let the cocoa mixture cool for 2 minutes. Add the sugar, chocolate chips, and vanilla and stir with a wooden spoon until combined. Add the eggs 1 at a time, stirring so that each is well combined. Add the flour and stir until just combined. Do not over-mix.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan and bake on the center tack for 22 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with tiny crumbs.
- Dust with confectioners’ sugar, cut into 9 squares, and serve. Or, store for up to 2 days in a tightly-sealed plastic container.