Yield: One 9” x 9” pan.
250g (about 1 ⅛ C) cannabutter
125g (about ½ C) 70% dark chocolate, coarsely chopped
2 C caster or baker’s sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 C plain flour
¼ C Dutch cocoa
½ tsp salt
1 ½ C raspberries (fresh or frozen – optional)
- Preheat oven to 180°C (about 350˚F).
- Lightly grease a 24cm (9” x 9”) square cake tin. Line with baking paper, extending the paper beyond the rim of the tin. (This makes it easier to get the brownies out later.)
- Heat the cannabutter in a saucepan over low heat. When half-melted, add the chocolate and stir with a wooden spoon until the butter and chocolate are completely melted and combined.
- Remove from heat and stir in sugar. Beat in eggs, one at a time, beating until mixture is shiny. Stir in vanilla.
- Sift in the dry ingredients and mix thoroughly.
- Pour into prepared tin and top with raspberries (if using).
- Bake for 35 minutes if not using raspberries, or 40 minutes if using raspberries. Do not overcook.
- Cool completely in the tin.
- Refrigerate and once cold, remove from tin and cut into rectangles. Serve chilled!