- 4 white potatoes (skinned and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cannabis-infused coconut oil
- 3 large carrots (sliced)
- 3 celery stalks (sliced)
- 1 small red onion (roughly chopped)
- 5 cloves of garlic (finely minced)
- 2 cups organic pumpkin puree
- 1 cup organic coconut milk
- 4 cups organic vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 1 large dutch oven
- Optional garnishes: fresh sage leaves, pumpkin seeds, etc.
To begin, thoroughly wash the potatoes, carrots and celery.
Skin the potatoes using a vegetable peeler and then proceed to chop them into medium-sized chunks.
Next, chop the red onion and slice the carrots and celery stalks.
After, melt 2 tablespoons of cannabis-infused coconut oil in a large dutch oven, on the stove, over medium-heat.
Place the potato chunks and chopped onion into the dutch oven containing the melted coconut oil.
Allow the potatoes and onions to cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring once throughout the process.
Proceed to add the sliced carrots and celery to the dutch oven, stirring well to incorporate everything.
Let these veggies cook for an additional 4-5 minutes.
Then, add the minced garlic and season the vegetable medley with a sprinkle of salt and black pepper. Stir all the ingredients well and continue to cook until the garlic becomes fragrant (roughly 3 minutes).
After the vegetables begin to brown and become tender, add the remaining ingredients (canned pumpkin, coconut milk, vegetable broth, ground nutmeg).
Turn up the heat (medium-high) until the soup begins to boil.
Reduce the heat to a simmer and continue to cook the soup until the potatoes are fork tender.
Next, using a hand-held immersion blender, blend the contents of the soup until they reach the desired consistency.
A standard counter-top blender is another option, just simply blend the soup in batches until the entire batch is blended smooth.
Serve immediately and enjoy.