Tostadas with shredded cabbage, cilantro and, of course, an egg
2 tablespoons canna-olive oil
1 medium onion, thinly sliced
1 cup shredded cabbage
½ cup thinly sliced celery
Sprigs of fresh thyme
1½ cups cooked rice, kept warm
¼ cup fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tablespoon canna-olive oil or plain olive oil
1 teaspoon chili powder
1 teaspoon ground cumin
Salt and pepper
4 corn tostada shells, gluten free, available in supermarkets
2 large eggs
2-3 tablespoons grated dry Mexican cheese (I like anejo, but you can use Romano)
Salt and pepper to taste
Hot sauce to taste
1. In a large skillet heat the 2 tablespoons of canna-olive oil. Sauté the onions until tender and golden, 7-9 minutes. Add the cabbage, celery and thyme, and sauté until tender, 5-6 minutes.
2. In a small bowl combine the rice, cilantro, 1 tablespoon of oil, chili, cumin powder and salt and pepper. Keep warm.
3. Place two tostada shells on each plate. Divide the rice on top of the tostadas.
4. Divide the cabbage mixture between the plates, piling it on top.
5. Use the same skillet you used to sauté the vegetables, no need to clean. If there is still oil in the pan, fry the eggs in that, if not, add a couple of teaspoons more.
6. Place a fried egg on top of the vegetables and sprinkle with the cheese. Serve with the hot sauce, spice things up.
Leave A Comment
You must be logged in to post a comment.