Cream of Celery Soup
- 2 tablespoons cannabutter
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small carrot, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 6 large celery sticks, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup parsley, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon celery seeds
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup half and half
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 slices bacon, chopped
- ¼ cup panko breadcrumbs
- 2 tablespoons ABV
And now we’ll make the cream of celery soup:
- In a soup pot, heat the cannabutter and plain butter and sauté the onion, carrot, celery, parsley, garlic and celery seeds for 12-15 minutes. The celery and carrots should be tender.
- Add the water and half and half, and simmer gently for 15-20 additional minutes.
- In a nonstick skillet, cook the bacon pieces till almost crisp. Add the bread crumbs and ABV and sauté for 2-3 minutes; The bacon and crumbs will get crisp.
- Puree the soup, and taste for seasoning. Divide the soup between 4 bowls. Top with the bacon, breadcrumbs and ABV just before serving.