Canna Butter By Angie
HI Community! My name is Angie and I love to cook. Basic Cann Butter is the easiest! Check out my recipe and method here!!
- 1lb of unsalted butter
- ¼ oz cannabis flowers (15% THC)
- Grind the cannabis flowers with a hand grinder. Don’t grind them into a powder; the ground cannabis should be slightly leafy.
- Decarboxylate your ground cannabis. Place the flowers on a baking sheet and bake at a temperature of 230 degrees Fahrenheit for 1 hour.
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan. Add 2 cups of water and mix. Let the butter simmer over medium heat.
- Add the cannabis as soon as the butter starts to melt. Reduce to low heat and mix the ingredients well.
- Let the ingredients cook for 2 to 3 hours on LOW. Stir occasionally, and maintain a temperature of 200 to 250 degrees Fahrenheit. If the butter nears the maximum temperature, add a bit more water to prevent the butter from scorching. When the butter appears thick and glossy, you can stop cooking. Keep your eyes on it, it turns quickly!
- Place a sieve lined with cheesecloth over a large glass bowl. Pour the butter over the sieve and wait for it to filter into the bowl. This should take 5 to 10 minute
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight.
- Drain any remaining liquid and pat the hardened butter with paper towels to absorb any remaining moisture.
- Refrigerate your butter in an airtight container.
Let me know what you think! Any tips or variations are welcome!
Here is a pic!
looks good Angie.